NEW! WINNER of the 2017 International Soul-Bridge Body-Mind-Spirit Book Awards of Europe
- Wild Ideas is the WINNER in the “Self Help Personal Development” category of the Soul-Bridge Body-Mind-Spirit Book Awards of Europe—an international award celebrating books that embody excellence and communicate a high value spiritual message to the world.
NEW! FINALIST for the 2018 EPIC eBook Award
- Wild Ideas has been chosen as one of the finalists by EPIC, the Electronic Publishing Internet Coalition, whose mission is to provide a strong voice for electronic publishing. The final round of competition will take place later this year.
NEW! Best Indie Notable Book
- Wild Ideas has been named a Notable 100 Book in the Shelf Unbound Best Indie Book Competition. Shelf Unbound indie book review magazine features the best of small press and self-published books. Each issue reaches 125,000 avid readers in more than 70 countries.
NEW! “Finding Your Creative Self” Podcast on Inner Truth
- Listen to Cathy’s speak about the creative path on the Inner Truth Podcast. The weekly series presents leading edge thinkers and healers answering questions that explore what it means to be human and how we can become more fully alive.
NEW! Interview on Uplift Your Life: Creativity from the Inside Out
- Cathy was interviewed about creativity and healing by Dr. Paula Jones host of Uplift Your Life: Nourishment of the Spirit on the VoiceAmerica Empowerment Channel. Listen here.
Raves from Reader Views
- Reader Views—”reviews by readers for readers”—calls Wild Ideas “a [self-help] rarity—a well-written, comprehensive, stimulating and useful guide.” Read the review.
WINNER of the Northern California Book Festival Competition
- The Northern California Book Festival has chosen Wild Ideas as its WINNER in the “General Nonfiction” category.
Recipient of the B.R.A.G. Medallion Award for excellence
- Wild Ideas has been honored with a gold Medallion Award from indieB.R.A.G., a book readers appreciation group that includes readers, both individuals and members of book clubs, located throughout the US and in ten other countries around the globe.
Voted Best Book for 2017
- BlueInk Review has listed Wild Ideas: Creativity from the Inside Out as one of their Best Books of 2017.
Silver Medal Award from the Nonfiction Authors Association
- The Nonfiction Authors Association has awarded Wild Ideas a SILVER Medal for excellence in the quality of writing, editing and overall design.
Review in the Pensacola News Journal
- The Pensacola News Journal calls Wild Ideas “a wonderful read that will leave you feeling ready to embark on any new quest in life with renewed energy and inspiration to make your dreams come true.” Read the review.
Interview with ARTbeat Northwest
- Cathy was interviewed by Pat Pauley, host of ARTbeat NW, a radio show that features news and interviews all about art around the Northwest. ARTbeat NW is presented in cooperation with Kirkland Arts Center. Listen Here
Engaging Interview on The Self-Improvement Radio Show
- Join Cathy and Dr. Irene Conlan for a transforming journey into the heart of creativity. Listen Here
- Read article, “Creativity From The Inside Out” in Dr. Conlon’s Self Improvement Blog here.
Interview on Finding the Gifts Radio Show
- Cathy was interviewed by Lee Kaplanian on Finding the Gifts, a weekly radio show that “focuses on helping people make a paradigm shift in their thinking, whether they are dealing with a physical, mental, emotional, relationship or other personal struggles.” Play the Interview
Article for BoomerBloomer.com
- Read Cathy’s article “Creativity and Your Second Act” for BoomerBloomer.com, “the Huffington Post for Boomers.”
Interview on the Positive Living Radio Show
- Patricia Raskin interviews Cathy on her award-winning radio show, Positive Living, for VoiceAmerica.com Listen Here
Bronze Medal Award from the Colorado Independent Publishers Association (CIPA)
- The CIPA EVVYs, one of the longest-running international book award competitions (over 25 years) on the Indie publishing scene, awarded Wild Ideas a bronze medal in the “Nonfiction Self-Help” category.
Recommended by Booklist Magazine
- Booklist Magazine (key supplier of reviews to the library market) has chosen Wild Ideas for its September 2017 list of “Recommendations”
Inspiring Interview on Maryanne Live!
- Cathy Wild answers questions about her award-winning book—Wild Ideas—from host Maryanne Comaroto of MaryanneLive! The popular radio show reaches listeners in 130 countries and features interviews with experts in self-awareness and the human potential field. Play the Interview
Book Of The Week
- The ebook edition of Wild Ideas has been selected as Book of the Week by No Shelf Required, a portal that celebrates art and literature in digital form.
Skype Interview (& Review) on New Spirit Journal
- Cathy Wild shares her wisdom about creativity in a lively discussion with Krysta Gibson of New Spirit Journal (an online resource for inspiration and practical spirituality) for her TV show “Keeping It Real.” Watch the interview.
- Read Krysta Gibson’s enthusiastic review of Wild Ideas: Creativity from the Inside Out.
A Thought Provoking Interview on New Dimensions Radio
- Cathy was interviewed by Justine Willis Toms on New Dimensions Radio. “For over 4 decades, New Dimensions Radio has been gleaning experience and inspiration from some of the world’s most innovative, enlightened, and trustworthy wisdom leaders…” Purchase ($1.99) the the entire 60-minute podcast here. OR Play an 8-minute EXCERPT here.
Interview (& Article) for BloomerBoomer.com
- Cathy Wild shares how the creative process can help us meet the challenges of retirement with Andy Asher for BloomerBoomer.com, “The Huffington Post For Boomers.” Play the Interview
- Read Cathy’s article “Creativity and Your Second Act” here.
Winner of TWO Finalist Medals from the 2017 Next Generation Indie Book Awards
- Next Generation Indie Book (NGIBA) Awards has awarded Wild Ideas Finalist Medals in the “Self Help Nonfiction” Category AND in the “Best Overall Design Nonfiction” Category.
Another Finalist Medal from the 11th Annual National Indie Excellence Awards
- The National Indie Excellence Awards has honored Wild Ideas: Creativity from the Inside Out as a book that “truly embodies the excellence that this award was created to celebrate…”
Explore Creative Spirit in TWO Interviews on Self Discovery Radio PLUS a FREE excerpt
- Cathy Wild taped an interview with Sara Troy for Choose Positive Living, a flagship show with a “unique format that is dedicated to bringing together some of the most creative intuitive positive thinking experts from around the globe…” Play the Interview —and/or read a FREE EXCERPT from Wild Ideas on the core topic of “Risk.”
- Sara Troy hosted a Positive Vibrations Roundtable, featuring Maureen Edwardson & Cathy Wild in conversation about “Stepping Into Your Creative Spirit.” Play the interview.
A Lively Interview on Conscious Talk Radio
- Listen to Cathy’s interview with Brenda Michaels and Rob Spears for Conscious Talk Radio, “one of this country’s most informative and compelling alternative talk radio programs…. Conscious Talk has been on the air since 2001, reaching an ever-growing group of listeners searching for more by expanding their mind, body and soul.” Play the Interview
Rave Review from MyShelf.Com
- “Wild Ideas is a unique creativity workshop in a book that should be required reading for anyone who struggles with fear, insecurity, emotional trauma, or simply unrecognized creativity. It unlocks the process to show you how to reach your deepest creativity.”—Laura Hinds, MyShelf.Com Read the full review.
STARRED Review from BlueInk Review
- “Beautifully written and delivered, Wild Ideas is flawless in its presentation, lyrical style, and potentially life-changing message.… Highly recommended for fans of Anne Lamott.” Read the full review.
Excerpt Featured in UK’s Kindred Spirit Magazine
An excerpt from Wild Ideas is featured in Kindred Spirit Magazine. Kindred Spirit “has been the UK’s go-to guide to spiritual and compassionate living for over 25 years.”
Kirkus Reviews Raves
- “An engaging roadmap for artistic expression…”— Kirkus Reviews Read the full review.
Readers’ Favorite 5-Star Review
- “What I really loved about this book is that Cathy Wild did not limit her words and her advice to one kind of artist and art.”—Rabia Tanveer, Readers’ Favorite Book Reviews. Read the review.
Thoughtful Interview on KRCB-FM Public Radio
- Cathy Wild was featured on the KRCB-FM program: A Novel Idea. Listen here. Play the Interview
Rave Review from the Sonoma County Gazette
- Wild Ideas: Creativity from the Inside Out was reviewed in the Sonoma County Gazette, a monthly publication with the second highest circulation in the county. Read the review.
Endorsement from New Dimensions Radio
Justine Willis Toms, co-founder, creative producer and host of New Dimensions Radio—a nationally acclaimed radio program series featuring leading-edge thinkers—has recently endorsed Wild Ideas: “…Wild Ideas goes beyond a few simple suggestions to stimulate creativity. She delves beneath the surface, telling stories from those on the creative path. … You’ll be inspired to stay the course through the chaos of creation as you tap into Cathy Wild’s deep wisdom, fully expressing what has meaning and value to you.”
Feature in Wisdom Magazine
Wild Ideas was featured in “What’s New” in Wisdom Magazine’s three east coast editions (New England, NYC/Tri-State, and PA/NJ)— one of the country’s largest holistic publications, as well as online.
Dr. Eric Maisel, Bestselling Author & America’s Foremost Creativity Coach Endorses Wild Ideas
“Honest, thoughtful, and exuberant … Highly recommended!”
Endorsement from Dr. Kayleen Asbo, Acclaimed Cultural Historian, Musician & Faculty at the San Francisco Conservatory of Music
“Cathy Wild is a creative spirit who has written a brave exploration of her personal journey interwoven with wise, encouraging guidance and beautifully chosen quotes. If you long to be a creator, Wild Ideas will support you in discovering and following the voice of your soul.”
From the Archives: Appearance on PBS-TV, In the Prime.
Cathy Wild was featured on PBS-TV’s In the Prime as a creativity expert. View a 3 minute compliation clip from the original 30 minute segment here.